08 May 2011

Mother's Day at 32 Weeks Pregnant

Wow what a great day I had today!  I feel like I don't quite qualify for Mother's Day yet, but so many people think I do, and have treated me so.

I also had a fab day yesterday - the Triple Baby Shower.  As there are 3 of us in our circle of friends who are having a baby.  Due dates are so close as May 28th, June 30th and August 31st.  It's really exciting!  A lovely lady in our church did an awesome job of gathering our friends and celebrating the new babies with us.  We played games, laughed, ate nice food and relaxed together.  All 3 of us 'preggos' left with a big basket of baby clothes, toys, blankets, nappies and loads of love.

If I'm honest with myself, I think I am quite an emotional creature.  If I see or recognize people going out of their way to do something nice just for me I get really choked up and often there will be tears.  Good tears of course!  But since being pregnant I haven't had any control over the water-works... I generally just start crying without having any chance or any strength to hold them back.

And since I've opened my heart up to the love of my life, my amazing husband, I have noticed I am so much more able to reflect my emotions - usually in the form of tears.  He knows me so much better than I know myself.  He knows if I haven't had a 'cry session' in a long time, then it's time to have a good talk about things.  He notices when I'm more stressed out, when I'm tense.  He notices when I just need a cuddle sometimes.

We are so much more in love every day, and lately the way we interact, love and cherish each other has been on an amazing new level.  We're going through this new adventure of becoming parents together.  They say when a child is born, a father and a mother is born.  But I think even before that, us together as parents are growing and slowly turning into parents - kind of the same way the baby is growing and getting ready to be born, we are growing and getting ready to be parents.

I spoke (or tried to) at our church this morning, only for a few minutes.  It was Mother's Day today and I was asked to speak a little bit on where I'm at in this journey.  It was a cool opportunity, so I said I would share something.  I wrote a message, shortened it, re-wrote it a couple times.  Put it into notes and practiced it a few times.  Each time I practiced it there were more tears - I think this time it was just emotional pregnant tears.  Our Pastor told me he was hoping for lots of tears, jokingly, but I knew I wouldn't be able to hold them in.

So I get up there, and on my way I grabbed a couple tissues.  Then just about as soon as I started talking I started to leak tears.  I tried to be funny and I'm pretty sure it worked because I got everyone to laugh a lot.  I really enjoyed speaking, it's quite cool to have the mike and chat away.  I managed to get a few of the ladies in tears too when I shared about what a big deal it is to know that God is actually trusting in me to be the mother of this baby.  What an amazing gift and honor.  And it's true, God is giving my husband and I an actual human life to love and take care of and nurture.  And we're the only people in all the world he is giving this baby to.  How coooool!  :)  I can't wait to meet our little boy, and to love him and take care of him with my husband right by my side, doing all the same.

33wks + 4days preggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

UA-40155566-1