It came with holes that I didn't know were there...
But for $2, who can complain?
Those holes aren't too big, the drawers slide well and the whole base is sturdy. And it made a good temporary jungle-gym.
I gave it a bit of a sand down, then I got to work. With the help of my Weet-Bix, I began painting.
Two coats, no less, no more. The paint I used is called Lumbersider, a Resene paint. I worked there once upon a time and was very proud of the paint I sold. Lumbersider is a very versatile paint It's usually used on house exteriors, it's the paint type that they generally use in the testpots you can buy at Resene. It's non toxic, being an acrylic paint, and isn't going to irk any noses.
I didn't paint the places that won't be seen when the bed is made up, hence the pic before this one, that's sort-of underneath the edge of the bed so I didn't bother with it. Nor the sides and insides of the drawers.
Almost done! While the second coat and minor touch-ups were drying I attended to the drawers. Two of them went 'in' too far so to fix it, I measured and put in a couple of extra pieces of wood (ply in this case) so the drawers would close nice and flush.
I had planned on leaving a star like these as the raw timber, but I
Paint colours: Off white: Quarter Fossil. Grey: Karen Walker 'Cliff Face Grey'
I have absolutely El-Oh-Vee-Eeee-D this DIY.