16 May 2014

Adding Colour

My Little Lion and I went for a big two hour drive to Invercargill the other day.  Getting out of the house and going on a big adventure did wonders for my sanity, and I know LL loved it too.

Our little boy is an excellent traveller.  So far as travelling in cars and long drives goes, our boy is a champion.  He'll play with kinex and eat snacks, sleep, watch things out the window, talk and listen to singing.  Never a complaint.  Always letting us know when he needs to use the toilet.

In the week before my hubby headed for the states and in the week after, we had driven to Te Anau, from Christchurch, and back again twice.  It's usually an 8hr drive, without children/multiple toilet stops.  But, with stops every 1-2hrs for a stretch at the playground and a pitstop, we arrived at our destinations with a dry nappy every time.  A 'just in case' nappy on long driving trips has been the norm, the only other time he wears a nappy is at night.

We're very proud of our little man.  He loves driving adventures.

Anyway, while we were in Invercargill, I couldn't help but go have a wander through Spotlight.



These colours stood out to me and most of the yarn was on sale, so it was meant to be.

After visiting my sister and brother-in-law, we hit the road again and were home after dark.  It was a long day, but totally worth it.

The days are feeling a little longer while we're still waiting on visas to be processed and have no idea exactly when we'll hear about it.  The processing time has gone from 8.5 months down to 5 months, but I'm not sure if that means that there are 5 months left to wait or if they will be processed 5 months from when they were first received.  Here's hoping that it's the latter and we've only got another 1.5 - 2 months to go.

xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

UA-40155566-1