18 June 2012

I'm Still Crafting On

Did you miss me?  I have super missed blogging!  It's been way too long.  I've had too much on my mind and when it came to blogging all my words just wouldn't come out right.

But, I have been a little busy ...

First!  My gorgeous little man.  Alseep, again.  He's not always at his cutest when he's sleeping, but here's another sleeping photo.  Probably strangely similar to other photos you've seen.

Photo taken with my cell phone.


I needed new slippers.  I made crocheted some a loooong time ago, but I was so upset with them that I didn't wear them until a few months ago when it started getting cooler.  I decided that they were actually alright when my feet were getting too cold.  I made them bright yellow.

Alas, the soles wore and as I didn't reinforce them with anything, they began to wear.  And wear they did until they had holes.  So I made another pair....  These new pink and purple ones are much thicker and cosier.  I'm sorry I don't have a pattern - I made it up!

And, my cool pj pants...


 A dear friend of mine loves foxes and I made her a felt brooch.  Here it isn't quite completed.  You'll see a finished pic on her awesome crafty blog.

Mrs Fox.


I had the spontaneous urge to do an oil-pastel canvas.  I have always had a picture in my head of a painting or drawing of cherry blossoms over the seasons.  So here's what I came up with in a moment or two.

"Cherry Seasons"  Laid out on newspaper, letting the fixative dry off.  Oil pastel on canvas.  12x12inches.
Potentially for sale if anyone is interested.


So thus can be a summary of life lately.  I intend to show up here a little more often than I currently have been.

I hope you're all doing well, and for those in the Southern Hemisphere, I hope you're keeping warm and dry.  And, for those in the Northern Hemisphere, I hope you're layering on that sunscreen.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

UA-40155566-1