02 March 2017

March 2017, already?!

The beach out at Birdlings Flat, New Zealand. Photography by me.


Hi, March!  I love the way you're here, but I don't love that only two days ago it was February.  Maybe it's you, February.  You're the one that ends abruptly.  It's March, already!  Oh, boy!

My last post was full of despair, but now I'm back and hopefully on a really good roll.  I did a little bit of 'arting' and changed the blog look a little.  I'm wondering if maybe I should try out a new domain and leave here... the only problem is that 'here' has a nice little archive of arty things I've done.


In brief:

Our whole family were suffering from sleep deprivation, which spirals quickly into negativity, hopelessness and sadness.  Right before Christmas we began "sleep training" our little nugget, lo and behold, a week later, he slept through the night.  Sort-of.

He has been a beaut ever since, regressing every so often.  At least now we have effective tools to combat his restlessness.  Namely, me not picking him up at every tiny cry.  I seriously need some discipline.  Actually, that was past-tense, but in reality, it's present-tense, for a life-time.  Am I right?

If you're not on Instagram or friends with me on Facebook, you may have missed out on a LOT of arty-creativenesses that I've been up to. That's not an official word, but I typed it, so it's now an official word.


Things to come in the near future:

Pics of a big finished quilt, a whole lot of art, a few other sneaky crafty makings, a pic or two of my cute kids and probably some more fun stuff.


I just need to figure out how to get images from Google Drive to my blog... any tips?  Sophie?  Amy?


Love you long time
Holly

xx









4 comments:

  1. Yes, sleep is pretty important. And kids certainly have a way of depriving you of that! You're a great mum, Holly. Take care, and hope you all catch up on your sleep really quickly. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm almost caught up, but I am my worst enemy. I like to craft too late into the evenings.

      Delete
  2. Yay for blogging. And sleep. Mmmmmmmm. The only way I know how to use photos from Google Drive is to save them onto your hard drive and then upload them from there like normal? Time consuming though. I'm really looking forward to seeing your quilt though!!xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Thanks for the tips, I think that's probably going to be the best way, too. It's a little less effort than getting the pics over with bluetooth, which feels like it takes ages because I have to sit there and wait for it. Impatient. :)

      Delete

I love comments :)

UA-40155566-1