10 April 2017

Block 6/25 My Queen Size Quilt

If you know me, you'll know that I love water and mermaids and fish and sea things.  So, here are some pretty fish scales. I chalked out horizontal lines and went for it.  I wanted a little bit of 'difference' in the scales so every now and then I added a couple more lines, and in one, a 'pearl'.




This design is so simple and effective.  Each scale is a little smaller than 1.5 inches wide.

Tomorrow's block is a little more 'free style' but it's fun and helps grow your confidence in pure free-style machine quilting.

To see other blocks in my queen size quilt, click below.  I'm updating every time I post, so eventually I'll have all 24 block-links on each post.

My Queen Size Quilt Block Number Five

My Queen Size Quilt Block Number Seven
My Queen Size Quilt Block Number Eight
My Queen Size Quilt Block Number Nine


I hope you're inspired to try for yourself.  One tip for this style of freehand machine quilting: chalk out your lines first, it'll keep your scales uniform.

Holly
xx













No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

UA-40155566-1