15 May 2017

Block 16/25 My Queen Size Quilt


A pretty garden.

I broke all the rules here... no chalked out lines, no specific plan to begin with.  Oops.  Sarcastically: can you see all the wobbly lines?

I love this one.  No rules except: go for it.  By this stage in the quilt I had the confidence to make it up as I went.  I came back to spaces and filled them in where there wasn't enough quilting - specifically the bottom areas where there are small plants.

The flower stalk on the far right side was very sparse to begin with.  So, I went slowly back down the stalk and added extra leaves to fill it out.

This block is at the side of the quilt so I quilted the picture sideways: knowing that it was going to hang off the side of the bed.  The photo is rotated 90 degrees anti-clockwise to make it 'up the right way' for viewing.


My favorite blocks are 16,17 and 21.  I feel like I shouldn't reveal block 21 until the very end...  would that be cruel?


Thank you so much for keeping up with my quilt blocks!

Holly
xx
















No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

UA-40155566-1